Est 1950






Club News
Club Info
Image Gallery
For Sale
Join LSC
Club Directory




Hi LSC club members this is worth a look.

 Just a quick email to first of all let you and your bike club know that we are here: we are not selling anything, and you don’t need to register, or logon,

just a helpful site all about supplying information to bikers looking for accommodation, ferry services, bike insurance and other links to help them while travelling throughout the UK and Europe.


Kind regards


Bill Whitford


Breathalysers in France

From July 2012 motorcyclists as well as drivers must carry breathalyser in France
Latest advice from European motoring body the FIA says that drivers of all motor vehicles, including motorcyclists, will have to carry a breathalyser kit in their cars when travelling in France.

The IAM previously reported that from 1 July this year all drivers would need to carry a breathalyser kit, as French drivers will have to, but new information dictates that this €11 fine is applicable to all road users including motorcyclists, but excluding mopeds.


Club Members Travelling in Europe


Important check with your bike insurer the status of your bike insurance cover when you travel abroard  I've just found out that I was only third party covered whilst I was travelling overseas, although I am insured fully comprehensive in this country.  So I've changed my insurer to Footman James who gives me fully comprehensive cover and it drops down to third party cover after 35 days.


If you intend travelling in Europe make sure you’ve got a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) as well as travel insurance. An (ETIC) is free, and it could save you a lot of money – and hassle – if you need medical help while you’re away. The EHIC is the replacement for the E111 form which stopped being issued on 31st August 2005, although they remained valid 31st December 2005

The EHIC is valid in the following:

Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden & Switzerland.

Why do you need an EHIC?

Having an EHIC card means you can get reduced cost, sometimes free, medical treatment if it becomes necessary while you’re in any of the European countries listed here. It also covers you for treatment for chronic illnesses (like diabetes), maternity care, and things like kidney dialysis and oxygen therapy (by prior arrangement).

What about travel insurance?

By itself, your travel insurance might not be enough to cover your medical care while you’re away; and some travel insurance policies aren’t valid without an EHIC. Your EHIC can also save you money when the cost of the treatment is below the excess on the insurance policy. If you do have to claim on your insurance, some companies will waive the excess if an EHIC has been used, bit it’s still advisable to have both: travel insurance covers some things the EHIC doesn’t cover such as repatriation to the UK.

How do you get a EHIC

The quickest way to apply for an EHIC is online at this link

Your card will be delivered in seven days.

Alternatively, you can apply by calling 0845 606 2030 – your card will be delivered within 10 days : or by post, using the form and prepaid & preaddressed envelope from you local post office your card will be delivered in 21 days.

The card is issued FREE OF CHARGE.


Taken from NHS leaflet 3500k Oct05


 © 2007 LSC - Website compiled for London Sidecar Club by Ted Cheer